Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lately I have been mostly thinking about

Babies vs. sad and lonely

One of my friends is up the duff, and such a monumental event will inevitably cause you to look at your own life situation.

I am 26, I'm female and I live with my boyfriend, 1 million miles away from home. Now is not an appropriate time to have a baby. Not that I want one.

I spoke to my Grandma last night and she told me she was praying for me to have a baby next year.
 
"It would ruin my life" was my response. Probably a little harsh and dramatic, but a heartfelt response none the less. I don't want one.

However, everytime my brother sends a picture of his 6 month old, I feel like breaking down. He dressed the baby up as a little Santa Claus-when I opened up the jpeg I almost puked with emotion.

Clearly two polar oposite reactions to the prospect of babyhood.

Another friend commented that a colleague must be very sad and lonely with only his hot wife to share all his money with. Lots of money BTW.

That is not my definition of sad and lonely.

Given the choice of baby vs. prospect of lots of money + hot wife (most likely husband-but who knows in 20 years time?) I'll take the latter.



















No comments:

Post a Comment